Charleston Family Dentistry is proud to provide the very best tooth removal services near Charleston and beyond. We offer a range of tooth removal services, including impacted wisdom teeth extractions!
Why Tooth Removal?
Our doctors may recommend tooth extractions for a number of reasons, from decay to crowding, and more. If you have one or more of the following conditions, you may be a great candidate for tooth removal:
- Decay. Teeth that have suffered long-term decay are sometimes too unhealthy to keep. If our doctors determine that a root canal is not a good option, an extraction may be a better solution.
- Impaction. If an erupting tooth's path is blocked by neighboring teeth, an extraction is usually necessary. This is particularly true for wisdom teeth.
- Periodontal disease. This oral disease wreaks havoc on the teeth, causing plaque and infections to arise along and below the gum line. Though consistent periodontal care can prevent extractions, some cases necessitate it.
- Overcrowding. Patients who suffer from a crowded smile are typically those who can benefit from orthodontic treatment. Extractions are typically performed before or in conjunction with orthodontic plans.
- Dental Trauma. Accidents resulting in broken or severely damaged teeth sometimes call for extractions.
No matter your reason, the skilled team at Charleston Family Dentistry is prepared to make your extraction a comfortable, calm, and stress-free one!
Do Wisdom Teeth Need To Be Pulled Out?
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, don't need to be removed in all people, but it's still a necessary procedure for many patients. When third molars begin to erupt in the teen and early 20s, they can cause pain, swelling, or even severe orthodontic problems due to overcrowding. If you have impacted wisdom teeth, you'll likely experience pain and other oral problems until they are removed.
During your consultation, our doctors will use the latest dental imaging technologies to determine if wisdom tooth removal is right for you or your teen. We treat a range of complex cases, including patients with impacted wisdom teeth.
How Much Does Tooth Removal Cost?
Your total tooth removal cost will depend on the following factors:
- The number of teeth that require removal.
- If any preliminary procedures are required.
- The terms of your dental insurance.
At Charleston Family Dentistry, we make it easy to afford your tooth extractions. We accept a wide range of dental insurance plans as well as no-interest and low-interest monthly financing plans. We also frequently offer cash discounts on a number of our dental services.
Questions? Call us today!
Schedule Your Tooth Extraction with Charleston Family Dentistry!
Our doctors provide comfortable, stress-free treatments. Call us today to schedule your consultation.
Our Charleston dental office is conveniently located for patients living in West Ashley!